Finalizing the digital drawing challenge
Finally! 🙂 It has taken me 1 year and 4 months to finish my digital drawing challenge of 25 drawings, which I initially had planned to finish in 30 days..lol. I am posting the last 6 drawings in one go. Sorry I’m not able to write an elaborate backstory to them.
I have learned a lot over the past 16 months. Not only have I improved my drawing skills but I’ve come to understand the infinite possibilities that exist in the digital realm:
- it’s practical because it’s so portable and easy to store… and no mess! (ideal when you have kids running around)
- you can skip sketching beforehand and instead sketch whilst creating
- it allows you to go back and change or adjust stages in your process whenever you like. For example: your background color can be adjusted without having to start all over.
These are the down sides for me:
- constantly staring at a screen (which i’m sure will become better as technology evolves)
- you can only use 1 finger at a time or one pen. I love using my full hands for example when working with real chalk pastel
- you never know what the colors eventually look like on print until its printed..
Scroll all the way down to see all of the drawings that were created during the digital drawing challenge.
View this post on Instagram
Portrait of @willowsmith I've followed her for some years now, she really resonates with my teenage self. I love her colourful outfits and open mind. She is currently sharing drawn/painted portraits on her instagram account. It's really cool to see so many different interpretations of one person. 🎨👌🏽 #portraitdrawing #digitalart #willowsmith #artinspiresart #nocommission